Personal injury and wrongful death attorney in Atlanta GA William C. “Bubba” Head knows the courts and the judges around the State of Georgia. This experience comes from traveling across the State for over 45 years, litigating in Georgia courtrooms – in Savannah, Valdosta, Albany, Macon, Lawrenceville, Decatur, Marietta, Columbus, Dalton, Brunswick, Athens, and Atlanta Georgia.
This Georgia lawyer, personal injury website deals with these 7 different types of civil litigation cases in the State of Georgia:
- Car accident attorney litigation team to act on behalf of those injured by an at-fault driver, who need the best auto accident attorneys in the Peach State;
- A work injury lawyer, when you are an injured worker seeking litigation assistance with an attorney worker's compensation specialist that is a leader among the State's workers compensation lawyers when handling a work-related injury;
- A dog bite attorney after a dog attack has cause disfiguring, painful dog bite injury that were 100% preventable, if the owner had followed leash laws;
- A motorcycle accident attorney to deal with the devastating medical bills and permanent injuries that follow collisions with a larger, heavier motor vehicle;
- Atlanta slip and fall lawyer cases involving negligent premises liability cases, which have come to be called "slip and fall cases." The most important attribute for a slip and fall attorney is to know which cases are serious enough to justify the high cost of litigation these cases;
- A truck accident lawyer law firm near me with truck accident attorneys that have repeatedly dealt with insurance companies that handle and fight these commercial claims for the negligent truck drivers;
- Although limited in number, property owners occasionally will have a property damage claim that justifies hiring a litigation specialist. This only occurs when the dollar amount lost is so large that it justifies paying a civil litigation attorney to go after the insurance company that has refused to pay that valid claim.
This allows personal injury lawyer Atlanta William Head to understand both the practical and the intangible aspects of litigating personal injury (PI) cases and medical negligence claims in Georgia courts. The Atlanta car accident lawyer has handled thousands of cases for which a driving error resulted in catastrophic injury.
Most of the wrongful death or injury cases handled by auto accident lawyer William Head have been serious injury claims from a motor vehicle accident in one of the Atlanta Georgia metropolitan counties. When an 18-wheeler or motorcycle is involved, a much greater chance of death or crippling injury occurs to those involved in these bad, recent catastrophic car crashes near me.
The Georgia Bar has dozens of highly skilled personal injury attorneys (e.g., a motorcycle accident lawyer) who have had phenomenal successes at obtaining full compensation in CERTAIN types of personal injury litigation. The list of types of claims is long.
Here are just three examples of “types” of cases that these known specialists excel in:
- Car accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle crashes that result in wrongful death claims and serious bodily injury that disfigures, cripples, or leaves a person with a permanent brain injury or paralysis. Tractor-trailer trucks and motorcyclists in crashes have a much greater chance of major, serious personal injury, dismemberment, or permanent disability than a routine auto accident.
- Premises liability cases, such as negligent security or failure to protect customers and patrons by eliminating known risks from business properties, hotels, apartment complexes and condominiums. Premises liability law is very specific as to what constitutes actionable neglect. Not just any premises liability attorney will routinely collect multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements.
- Failure to provide adequate security in and around a business or building when known violent persons could be afoot. Criminals that seek to commit crimes look for opportunities to steal, pillage or commit sex crimes. When lax security exists, this will not deter the perpetrators of personal crimes from engaging in criminal activity.
Examples of this might be:
(1) A Buckhead service station with a history of multiple car jackings of luxury vehicles, while patrons are filling up;
(2) A grocery store or pharmacy building where criminals can mug and rob elderly customers or immobile patrons who are trying to get to their motor vehicles;
(3) A smash and grab jewelry store theft in which the owner of the store tries to shoot it out with the criminals and negligently kills or grievously wounds an innocent bystander;
(4) A hotel that negligently gives out a room key to a person without knowing that he or she was authorized to have that access key to the room of a person who is assaulted or killed; and
(5) Some public access parking lots lack proper signage or lighting in certain areas. A pedestrian accident attorney must approach such cases using a plan of comprehensive document review, both for the target defendant, but also from prior police reports of similar issues from this location.
No single accident lawyer is the best for ALL categories of serious fatality and catastrophic injury cases. Personal injury and accident cases range from premises security, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, distracted driving, to slip and falls, big rig trucking accidents, fatal motorcycle accidents, car accidents, wrongful death cases and everything in between.
Occasionally, a defective product lawsuit will be part of a personal injury claim (e.g., Takata airbags). In some cases, a workers compensation claim may yield an unsafe tool or implement that will permit the workplace accident claim against your employer's workers compensation insurance, plus a product liability claim against that device's manufacturer.
Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer: Medical Malpractice Attorneys for Victims
Suing medical professionals in the State of Georgia is not as easy as simply filing a lawsuit. Medical malpractice lawyers know that Georgia laws have been written to protect physicians and dentists. Thus, to be able to file suite, another medical practitioner in the field must provide a written opinion that the target of the med mal litigation failed to follow the proper standard of care.
To support a medical error claim, your case will need support from other medical professionals to verify that your level of care fell below the medically recognized standard of care for that TYPE of treatment.
These cases are HIGHLY difficult and expensive to “fund” as the malpractice case moves forward. OCGA 9-3-71 allows up to 2 years to file suit - but waiting to start litigating may result in loss of invaluable medical records.
When limited insurance coverage of the “at-fault” party is in place, your personal injury attorneys near me may file a Holt demand letter. This “letter” is famous with Georgia personal injury lawyers who litigate claims for their clients injured in a car accident, and for good reason. Since the outbreak of COVID-19, these letters are even more valuable to litigation attorneys near me.
The Holt case stated that, “where the insurer is guilty of negligence, fraud, or bad faith in failing to compromise the claim” such excess judgments against insurers are recoverable. So, in Georgia, insurers who (in bad faith) fail to promptly pay off on for their insureds' civil wrongs must pay the full jury verdict.
While most civil damage claims (which are called “tort” claims by attorneys) relate to motor vehicle accidents, this statute covers any other legal actions under tort law. This recovery is supported by OCGA 9-11-67.1.
Call Today For a FREE LAWYER CONSULTATION and Case Assessment
Waiting to hire legal counsel can be a big mistake, since important physical evidence can disappear from an accident scene. Why not call for a FREE lawyer consultation with Mr. Head? What do you have to lose? 404-567-5515.